Hand built pottery as functional art.





It's All About Me



I have had a life long fascination with pattern and texture.
Born and raised in southern Connecticut, I studied illustration at Paier College of Art, and began exploring three dimensional art in 1995, when a friend taught me fundamental paper making; the better part of the following decade was spent transforming paper scraps into colorful relief collage.    
                                                                                             
Not satisfied with the limitations of paper pulp, I began to experiment with ceramics in 2003. Hand building quickly proved to be the natural next step, and clay, the perfect medium to capture the patterns and textures that I love and inspire my inclination toward sculpture. The unexpected satisfaction of creating functional works of art has not only fueled my imagination and passion for this art form, it has also given me a sense of purpose and focus  not previously experienced in my work.  Little makes me happier to see one of my bowls filled with food, a vase overflowing with blooms or a lamp illuminating a dark corner.

In the ongoing experiment called art, I have recently begun to use my paper molds with clay. It is so much fun to see those designs come off the wall and stand on their own (usually) three feet as vases and, sometimes, bowls, but most frequently lamps and wall vases and wind chimes. Soon, I think, I will come full circle and start making tiles!





 Fifteen Seconds of Fame